2015年12月15日星期二

Keeping Travel a Secret from Work

Keeping Travel a Secret from Work

Image: Greg Knapp

As I planned my epic trip to Asia, I kept it a secret from my company for several months.  It was NOT easy.  In fact, the most difficult part was not being able to be open about it on this blog!

I wrote a guest post on this exact subject for A Pair of Panties and Boxers .  I was happy to write for Monica, the girl behind the blog, whom I had the pleasure of meeting in New York this summer.

“Are you going to Southeast Asia?”

I swivel around to see a coworker standing at the edge of my cubicle, pointing to the copy of Lonely Planet:  Southeast Asia on a Shoestring sticking out of my purse.

I think quickly.  “Thailand for Christmas.  Well, I’m thinking about it.  Not sure yet.” I could also be in Laos or Cambodia or Vietnam.

“Nice.”  My coworker gives me a thumbs up.  “I’d love to go to Thailand.”

Thailand for Christmas.  I guess that could be my story from now on.

It wasn’t a lie, exactly.  It’s just that Thailand for Christmas happened to be one small part of a seven-month jaunt through Southeast Asia…

Read more at A Pair of Panties and Boxers !

没有评论:

发表评论